Revd Dr Jenni Williams
Mixed-Mode Course Director
Tutor in Old Testament
BA, PGCE (Oxon) MA, PhD (Manchester)
Before ordination Jenni taught Modern Languages in Oxfordshire and Manchester.
She was ordained in the Diocese of Manchester and now serves as Associate Minister in St Peter Wootton. Jenni is married to Jon, who is Priest in Charge at St Peter Wootton, and they have two children: Danny and Ellie. Jenni has a deep and abiding love of all things Tolkien.
Her areas of research interest include feminist biblical criticism and hermeneutics generally. Jenni wrote her doctoral thesis on childlessness in the Old Testament.
Jenni is also the Disability & Learning Support Lead at Wycliffe Hall.
- God and Israel
- Pentateuch and Prophets
- Historical Books and Writings
- Old Testament
Articles and Books
- 2016. "Mother in Israel": Women and Wisdom' in ed J Jarick, Perspectives on Israelite Wisdom, T&T Clark
- 2014. God Remembered Rachel: Women’s Stories in the Old Testament and Why They Matter, SPCK,
- 2012. Reading Deuteronomy, (Grove Biblical Series), Grove
- 2011. ‘Deuteronomy’ in ed A Sloane, Tamar's Tears: Evangelical Engagements with Feminist Scholarship, Wipf and Stock
- 2007. ‘Tough Texts: Reading the parts we’d rather not’, Anvil, Spring 2007