Very Revd Dr Justyn Terry
Vice-Principal and Academic Dean
BA, MA (Oxon), BA (Dunelm), PhD (London)
Justyn Terry is the Vice-Principal and Academic Dean at Wycliffe Hall, having previously served as Dean/President of Trinity School for Ministry, Pittsburgh, USA, where we was also Professor of Systematic Theology. Before moving to the United States, Justyn was Curate of St John’s Hyde Park, and Vicar of St Helen’s, North Kensington, after a few years as a Physics teacher and then International Marketing Manager in the Electronics Industry.
His academic interests are in the areas of the doctrine of atonement and of Anglican theology, especially as it applies to ministerial practice.
Justyn is married to Cathy, and they have two daughters. For relaxation, he plays jazz trumpet and trombone.
Anglican views of baptism and on the doctrine of atonement.
- 2016. The Five Phases of Leadership: An overview for Christian leaders. Ambridge, PA: Whitchurch Publishing
- 2013. The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to the Anglican Communion. Oxford: Wiley- Blackwell, Justyn was co-editor with Ian Markham, Barney Hawkins and Leslie Steffenson, and wrote chapters on ‘Theology in the Anglican Communion’ and ‘The Province of South East Asia’ for it.
- 2013. The Gospel according to Galatians: The Good News of Jesus Christ for a Secular Age. Blue Bell, PA: Classical Anglican Press
- 2007. The Justifying Judgement of God: a Reassessment of the place of Judgement in the Saving Work of Christ. Paternoster Theological Monograph, Paternoster Press
- 2010. ‘Colin Gunton’s Doctrine of Atonement: Transcending rationalism by Metaphor’ in: The Theology of Colin Gunton. Ed. Lincoln Harvey, New York and London: T & T Clark/Continuum
- 1996. A sermon entitled, ‘Where to Worship God,’ was included in The Times Best Sermons of 1996, London: Cassell
- 2013. ‘The forgiveness of sins and the work of Christ: A case for substitutionary atonement’ Anglican Theological Review. Vol. 95, No. 1, Winter 2013, 9-24.
- 2010. ‘Leaning on the everlasting arms: a case for Christian assurance’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. IV, No. 1, Spring 2010, 99-111.
- 2008. ‘The Resurrection and the Uniqueness of Jesus Christ,’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. II, No. 2, Fall 2008, 95-109.
- 2008. ‘The Two Rival “Gospels” behind the current crisis in Anglicanism,’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. II, No. 1, Spring 2008, 96-106.
- 2007. ‘Keeping the Church Theologically Rigorous’Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. I, Fall 2007, 16-22.
- 2005. ‘The Justifying Judgement of God,’ Anvil. Vol. 22, No. 1, 2005, 29-39.